badge

Pages

The man of this country that has come to become.......


'World is a place where man is the king and women is never the queen'
, thats how exactly what a man describes of a woman, and he is true when he says this because when a woman has power to become a king, why should she be a queen???Lemme exactly tell you how a man of this country thinks about a woman.......

Last Monday there was seminar held by our department, in there was a topic, Media and women. A lady named Poornima(She is the news head Of A.I.R in Bengaluru) spoke on this, she spoke about how media sometimes uses some situations like sexual harassment just for their own use, without the least bit concern about the women victims, reporters asking personal questions, questions that are unnecessary and irrelevant... she explained how media can do better, and also questioned that why women just have 33% quota in this country? And they should demand 50% in every aspect... I really liked the way she spoke, because it showed what women's problem's were and how they could be solved.

But one person broke my happy bubble, and it was senior of my college named 'G'(Read:Goofball), in the Q&A session, he said “Women just need not say, but they need to fight for the 50% quota that they demand for themselves”.

I was telling myself, “Thats what the women have been fighting for from the time we got independence, and even that 33% is not given accordingly, and this guy is saying fight for 50%.... WTH”, but I got furious when he said “Its not just women who are harassed, men also get harassed and exploited at work place, and how the dowry act is being misused and how many men are suffering due to this”, and people were clapping listening to this.

I was like what the fuc* are you talking about dude, men getting harassed and exploited!!, yeah maybe they are getting “exploited”, but is it really the case ??, is it more important than the problems, the women of today are facing, from fear of sexual harassment to rape, she lives in fear everyday,

The seminar got over and I was boiling with anger inside, due to some other things I couldn't say the same with the senior,(I dint even wanna see his face), but the real shocker came when I discussed this with my friend Maddy.

He was also the typical man saying, “Men are getting exploited and facing problems due to women, who are misusing the dowry act and blaming, my husband is demanding dowry, and making them face punishment”

I said “Ok that's one, but what are the other problems?”

He was mum, I then said “Do you know every day a woman lives in fear, from her birth to her death there are so many battles she fights and struggles to achieve to make a place for herself in the society, do you know how much pain she endures everyday?, how many sacrifices she has to make?”

He said “But still there are crimes going on men that needs attention too about how much he is suffering...”, I couldn't believe my ears when I heard this,

I replied “Why aren't you looking at the bigger picture here!!, there are more crimes going on women in a single minute, than that are are going on men in a whole year, and is it really more painful for a man to live by than, or for that woman, who gets exploited or harassed every day, and lives her whole life cursing with guilt that she shouldn't have born a women at all!!”


He seemed to understand this and agreed with me, and when I discussed the same with my brother, he to was pro man, and only when I said look at the bigger picture did he too finally understand.

I mean I don't understand, I never heard a man scream, “I got exploited today, I shouldn't have been born as a man itself”, while there is so much agony and pain in a voice of women when she says “I shouldn't have been born a woman”, I just pray that men start looking at the bigger picture than screaming next time “Men are also exploited....”.

16 comments:

sanely insane said...

in the support of a single cause, a lot other get blinded

while raising points abt the issues men face at a forum discussing women is jst being crass...

the point does remain that men also face issues and they need to be addressed

so do animals...that is why forums like peta exist...

all in their right place...

just a words of caution in fighting a cause, don't get too chivalrous...that u miss out that the end point is betterment of everybody :)

Thousif Raza said...

@ sanely insane: i know that ya, thx for the upadte, but i really wanted to show what a guy thinks abt a women, thats what i wanted to say, just look at the bigger picture, thats it, thx for the comment take care :)

Sreeram Shenoy said...

Good post...Women are indeed facing unneeded hurdles on a day to day basis...sad, but true!!

Thousif Raza said...

@ shreeram: thx for the appreciation man, take care :)

Tabitha Bird said...

thanks for visiting my blog.
I thought your post was spot on. I just didn't think a guy would ever say it. Except maybe my guy. But then he gets me :) Nice words.

Thousif Raza said...

@ Tabitha Bird: sure dude it was my pleasure.... and thx for the appreciation :), take care

Anonymous said...

Great post(:

People should start seeing things fairly. No offence, but if I was there at the seminar, I would have stood up & voice out. Not caring if they were to hurl at me.

I think you are doing a great thing by writing this out, nothing overboard - it's the fact & people have to accept that.

There's just so many issues going on with the world but humans - we just love to sweep the dust under the carpet

Thousif Raza said...

@ Qm: If only more people started understanding just like you did, i totally agree with you on the sweeping the dust under the carpet, lets hope the situation improves, i know it tough but hope is always there na, thx for the comment :), take care

Butterfly Thoughts said...

I dont know why I was not able to open your comment section. struggled a lot. Once again a good and thoughtful post from your end.happy that you think so differently aboout us and also write it. keep writing:-)

Thousif Raza said...

@ butterfly Thoughts: well i donno ya, next time try this, rgt click on the comments section and click on the option open in new window, that may help

and thx for the appreciation :), take care

sanely insane said...

came across this blog, u may like to read the post

http://vinni.co.in/2009/11/clenching-the-fists-of-dissent/

manjiT said...

women are harrased, yes its a fact. and in a considerably greater proportion then men. but why is that so.
ignorance?
fear?
state of mind, that its meant to be so?
verbatim "she explained how media can do better, and also questioned that why women just have 33% quota in this country? And they should demand 50% in every aspect..."

i am never in favour of quota system, rather than demanding quota, it should be commanded.

see thousif, i respect girls.they are special. but lets stop promoting the quota 60 years after independence. its like a worm.it will keep on infesting. lets promote something like 'more opportunities'. it will be a step moving forward. when u stick to quota its like believing, "we will not move forward unless things get perfect" (never wait for he perfect day-thats the rule of thumb).
all that i am saying is, the point u raised is right, but solution u gave is wrong. we should be killing the quota for equality. n u say, we shud breed quota for equality.
some day, quota menace will have to end (i presume u agree on tat). why not now?

Thousif Raza said...

@ sanely insane: going for it now... will let you know...

@ Manjit: well i was just saying, that by having quota system only they are giving so less, what will happen when they scrap that out???, on a better prespective i agree with you, better opportunities are far better than quota system, perfect life is a mirage...

but lets hope for the best, times are changing na, mets just hope, take care :)

sulagna said...

good one dude!! i am happy that there are a "few good men "

and oh thanks for wishing my husband..he needs it for sure:)

Tulika said...

Great ! It's good to see that u r giving it a thought.

Now that's called Blogging for a cause.

You have been efficacious enough in your "bigger picture" say. And even if we don't go to the bigger picture, the smaller picture shows it all, if ppl are a lil more clear sighted.

It's great to see how You have perceived the issue.

And yes... Thanks for ur encouraging words.:)

Thousif Raza said...

@ sulagna: thank you and thank you again :)

@ Tulika: hey welcome to my blog.... and thx for the appreciative words, you really made my day... thx for following tooo, take care :)