badge

Pages

My fantastico love for food


It is irritating how much people underestimate my love for food.

I am a person who plans out his breakfast before I go to sleep. Yes, breakfast. I decide what to order based on the dinner I have just had. It is a great responsibility to choose the right breakfast as it is the most important meal of the day or so I say to myself repeatedly as I make a note of what variety of Masala Dosa to order again for breakfast the next day.

Lunch is a whole different story altogether. There are so many options out there these days that planning lunch takes up to 30 minutes after I’ve had the last piece of Masala Dosa for breakfast. I keep switching between Roti Curry, Chapati or just some rice item like Pulav, Biryani, Ghee Rice or Bisebele Bhath. The options are endless. Should I just choose a rice item? Can I only have a Vada? Maybe I can have Chapati and a Vada. You see how confusing it is?

I sometimes wish I had a bhukkad friend like myself.  Then I could order a rice item and Chapati and split it between the both of us. You feel me? Maybe I can have a full meal. There is usually some Chapati and rice with them. I decide on having a full meal and order the same old Roti Curry again. Plain rice? Pfft. No way am I eating that.

I get some work done after this. I get paid to work and not to think about food all the time. I then continue working while munching on some biscuits and chips.

Dinner is one majestic affair where my wife and I decide on the item to be cooked. We spend some time looking up recipes and then grow immediately tired of all the searching and jotting down. We then finally end up ordering food from outside or on a lucky day we cook together and make a delicious dish which we’ll have for at least 2 days that week. We are still getting used to cooking for two. We usually end up cooking it for 4 people.

Weekends, oh how I wait for weekends. Read and eat and sleep. That’s my dream cycle; maybe play some video games too along with watching a few sitcoms and movies. Mainly I look forward to going out for dinner. Should we go out for Thai cuisine or maybe try out the new Punjabi Dhaba style restaurant that opened just around the corner. Speaking of corners, maybe I should take my wife to that peppy new ice cream place, which just opened near our house. Ummm! I cannot wait to savor the deliciousness on offer there.

As you can see, there are so many difficult choices to make. I am happy today though as I am trying out a new place where there is Biryani in the meal along with plain rice. Yesss!! I hope my fantastico love of food never dies. 

This blog post is inspired by the blogging marathon hosted on IndiBlogger for the launch of the #Fantastico Zica from Tata Motors. You can apply for a test drive of the hatchback Zica today.

Image Credits: Wikipedia/Wikimedia

0 comments: